[Tagging] Cycle boxes for two-stage left turns

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 04:10:10 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 10:30 PM marc marc <marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Le 06.01.20 à 04:19, Jarek Piórkowski a écrit :
> > Comments most welcome!
>
> keep it simple !
> advanced stop box only use a cycleway=asl without relation
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:cycleway%3Dasl
> a single node is not enought ?

The problem I see with this approach is that the node has to be placed
on the other street than the one the cyclist is using. In the picture
of the original mail, suppose a cyclist is coming from the south and
wants to turn to the west. The logical place to put the box is by
adding a node on the street to the east. But how wouldn't that
complicate things for routers, as the road to the east is not part of
the itinerary?

m.