[Tagging] POI data and Addresses on areas - Was: addresses on buildings

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Fri Jan 10 22:58:22 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 04:10:36PM +0100, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> it is already linked spatially. What you have to do is map the campsite as
> area and map the reception within this area. Similarly for the parkings.
> Routing software should solve this contextually. If I am walking I want to
> be led to the main entrance (or given the choice which entrance), while
> when I am driving I will typically want a parking. A parking must not
> necessarily be inside the area, it can also be close by.

The point is there are literally thousands of possibilities and they may
even differ based on mode of transport. You go to point A by Foot, B if
on a Bike, C if using Car and D if you are in a HGV.

Think of Ferry Terminal.

And for a single mode of transport you may even offer multiple destinations.

So

- Mall A by Car and you get offered Parking North and Parking West
- Mall A by Bike you get offered the Bicycle Parking
- Mall A by Foot and you get offered the different entrances.

And i have literally thousands of buildings in my surrounding which fail
because they belong to street A, and have their parking on street A and
a footway to the entrance. Still they are nearest to street B. So anyone
routing there by car will end up on street B.
There is no way you'll be able to solve this by a spatial relation.

Flo