[Tagging] Rare route=* values - route=power

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 06:01:50 UTC 2020

On 11/1/20 4:19 pm, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:
> Who is using route=power?
>
> It has no documentation except for a rather confusing Proposal page
> (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Power_routing_proposal/Tagging_similar_to_Transportation_routes)
> but it's used 15,000 times.

Only used is very small parts of the world - as seen on taginfo map.
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/route=power#map

For contrast there are over 500,000 power=line in the data base,
and the use is world wide..
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/power=line#map

> Is this feature actually useful and verifiable?

Not usefull.

Verifiable? As in there are power lines there, yes.

However I view them similar to roads .. there maybe a power line there .. but 'traffic' can be in both directions.

I see no point in having a dedicated 'route' for power.