[Tagging] POI data and Addresses on areas - Was: addresses on buildings

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Sun Jan 12 11:37:41 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 09:39:44PM -0500, Jarek Piórkowski wrote:
> I was thinking about this whole thing earlier. Caution, wall of text.
>
> At the risk of being philosophical, what is an address exactly?
>
> Our wiki doesn't specify which address we're talking about:

Thats not the issue i am trying to solve. I am trying to solve the
issue

-> I want to go to point A - How do i get there and where is my
   best point to stop with a given mode of transport e.g. Car.

If my destination point A is defined by an address or a POI or
whatever - i dont care.

And this is not solvable without mapper input as a huge area like
an Airport can not be mapped to a single "best point" on the
routable network.

And there are tons of "corner cases" which make this impossible.
In case of my example - there is confusing from which Street
a House is reachable by Car.

Flo