[Tagging] POI data and Addresses on areas - Was: addresses on buildings

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 21:34:06 UTC 2020

On Sun, 12 Jan 2020 at 21:40, Florian Lohoff <f at zz.de> wrote:

> And this is not solvable without mapper input as a huge area like
> an Airport can not be mapped to a single "best point" on the
> routable network.

& I don't think it will ever be simply solvable.

Why are you driving to "the airport"? Just some of the options:

Taxi driver going to the taxi rank
Bus driver to the bus stop
5 minute drop off / pick up zone
Short term car park
Long term car park
Staff parking
Delivery driver to the loading dock
Fuel truck to the fueling point
General aviation
Domestic terminal
International terminal
Private hangar
Freight terminal
etc etc etc, all of which are a different point!

The map can't do everything all the time - at some stage, the driver has to
look out the windscreen & make some of the decisions themselves! :-)

  Thanks

Graeme