[Tagging] Query regarding seasonal tag combined for outdoor water fountains.

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 08:33:29 UTC 2020

Am Mi., 15. Jan. 2020 um 07:20 Uhr schrieb Joseph Eisenberg <
joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>:

> Since drinking fountains are man-made rather than natural features,
> they usually have a date when they are turned on or off.
>
> This can be specified with the key "opening_hours=*" - this is the
> common British English term used to say "when is this this feature
> open and available".
>
> See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:opening_hours for details
> on how this is used.

For a drinking fountain (or any other fountain), I would prefer
"service_times" or conditional tagging and not "opening hours" (as long as
the thing is still accessible when it is turned off). IMHO, seasonal could
work as well (and doesn't require to know the date, if there is).

Cheers
Martin