[Tagging] was: on poi (was: building=disused)

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 16 14:10:17 UTC 2020

Le 16.01.20 à 12:53, Dave F via Tagging a écrit :
> Well. Done. You.

On 16/01/2020 12:01, marc marc wrote:> you want me to believe that every
time an object has gone,
Le 16.01.20 à 14:26, Dave F via Tagging a écrit :

> It's not gone. We're talking about buildings

I have put back above the line to which I replied
and which  makes your answer wrong.
in case of a was:SHOP=*, the previous shop (what's inside
the building) has gone. and if you are consistent with yourself (you say
that osm is not a database for memorizing history) when I survey it,
the only thing I see is that the previous store was not there anymore.
it's why I and some others use was:shop=oldvalue + shop=newvalue
it is usefull to warn the next mapper about a recent change.

the current discussion with disused shows that there are 2 meanings :
still exists but not used <> doesn't exist anymore. was: has the merit
to be clear that what is described doesn't exist anymore, no matter how
it happened.