[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Tax free shopping

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri Jan 17 08:08:07 UTC 2020

Looking at it again:

"A shop in a city mall is a member of "Global Blue" as only option for refund assistance.
This would be tagged with duty_free:refund:global_blue=yes.
The more general duty_free:refund=yes (or even duty_free=yes) should not be used here
as we have more detailed knowledge about this shop."

I think that adding also duty_free=yes is 100% correct here.
In OSM it is a normal situation to have some generai tag and more
specific ones.

Tagging only the most specific ones would force anyone interested in more general
info to look for super detailed tags.

For example: amenity=bicycle_parking

Adding bicycle_parking=wall_loops (for a wheelbender)
or bicycle_parking=stands (for a proper one) is not combined with
deleting amenity=bicycle_parking tag.

16 Jan 2020, 23:15 by mail at hauke-stieler.de: