[Tagging] What values of 'emergency=' should be on the main Map features page?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 04:35:20 UTC 2020

The tag emergency=ses_station is only used in one country, so it would
be better to pick a name that will make sense internationally.

>  So the land_rescue here means a rescue service where the main mode of transport of the responders involved is a motor vehicle, bicycle or on foot.

Don't they sometimes use helicopters too?

> emergency=rescue_station, broken down into what type of rescue that station carries out.

That seems sensible, but it needs to be clearly defined what qualifies
as one of these places.

Is a "Search and Rescue" center one of these?

What about a place that dispatches ambulances?

The wiki page for emergency=water_rescue_station suggests that
emergency=lifeguard_base should be used instead, so that needs to be
cleared up.

- Joseph Eisenberg