[Tagging] What values of 'emergency=' should be on the main Map features page?

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Sun Jan 19 10:59:24 UTC 2020

On 19.01.2020 06:10, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:
>>> 2) =fire_water_pond " A man made or natural pond with water for a fire
>>> department." 2785 uses
>>
>> Why is that not verifiable? Such ponds typically have a red-framed sign
>> "Löschwasserteich".
>> Ground-verifiable, not necessarily Bing-verifiable.
>
> I see how that's verifiable in Germany, but isn't it actually an
> emergency=suction_point in that case? The sign is the place where you
> suction water into the fire engine, right?
>
> In other countries we are not so picky about what water sources we use
> for fighting fires. ;-)

Indeed the Germans are picky about these things ;-) But suction_point and the pond are two different
things. The first could also be some pre-installed pipe in a stream, the pond is a dedicated feature
often prescribed in the planning permission when you erect something, and might need to be
maintained so it is filled. The first is a point, the second is a water body.

>> there should be a template
>> separate from the Map features template that can be included in each of
>> them. Do you know how to
>> handle translation of the subheadings in such case?
>
> Since the page is just several taglists, I'm not sure if it's still
> necessary to have a separate template. Probably it's easier to just
> copy and past the taglists, then add the language and translate the
> headings?
>
> I will try this out for the Indonesian page and see if it works easily.

either method is ok, a new template would have the advantage that it keeps the translations consistent.

tom