[Tagging] How to tag Landscaping tarpaper / weedblocking paper

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Tue Jan 21 05:08:19 UTC 2020

I am familiar with all of those materials. I agree that they are all different (landscaping paper, farming plastic, weedblocker, tyvek house moisture barrier). I use all of them at my house. 

This is something different. Something very very thick (2-3mm!) , made with tar or other marital that is fairly stiff yet rollable, and has a opaque, coated, impermeable surface - very similar to the tarpaper I use as a moisture barrier/underlay on roofing - yet is commonly used as a kind of functional landscaping cover in industrial / transportation places (traffic islands, etc) where weeds would be bothersome. 

And as far as I can tell, it is manufactured for this exact purpose (with accessories and standardized installation techniques) for it, not simply repurposed roofing tarpaper used in a different manner - so it must have a unique name of some kind. 


> On Jan 17, 2020, at 5:23 AM, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com> wrote:
> These materials are typically not paper, nor plastic film, but rather
> some sort of woven or felted material

More information about the Tagging mailing list