[Tagging] How to tag Landscaping tarpaper / weedblocking paper

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Wed Jan 22 05:02:30 UTC 2020

> On Jan 21, 2020, at 12:04 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> if the sheets are the topmost thing before the air of the atmosphere, surface would be fine

as an FYI, I am only interested in mapping any of these types of things if they are clearly visible all the time and installed permanently (present year to year), as they are a visible. somethign that would go in the surface= tag.

Most farming plastic (like the ones used to grow vegetables) is not mappable, as it is only present 3 months of the year and is constantly changing location in a farm field year to year.

Similarly, if a soil stabilizer / sheeting / plastic  is permanently visible on the surface it should be mapped as a surface, but if it is buried and not visible - like most landscaping paper buried in the ground -  then it should rightly be ignored.

if someone wants to come up with an embankment:stabilized=mesh (or whatever) tag for known stabilized slopes, thats fine with me, but I am not pursuing that.

Javbw