[Tagging] Continuous Sidewalk or Cycleway

Hubert87 sg.forum at gmx.de
Fri Jan 24 20:50:16 UTC 2020

Hallo Florimon,

could you eleborate the differnce between your proposal as opposed to
using "traffic_calming=hump" (you mention "traffic_calming=table" on the
wiki page) in conjunction with "highway=crossing" like on this node:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1962458951
https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/vrI5-QaNkUDqSw5uaCWXKA

or as a stand alone node when cycleway and sidewalk are mapped as part
of the "raod".

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1962458953
https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/M5CsP1IVJCCNLUvOsEnbQA

Are there any implizit properties, like rigth of way, assoziated with
that tag?

Do you plan to keep the values open? For example adding
"continuous_Path", "continuous_Footway".
Should the postfixes be from the highway=* family?

Also keep in mind that this situation can be found in the middle of
nowhere, e.g. when old railroad tracks are convered to cycle paths.

Lastly, I'd rather see this as new values for traffic_calming instead of
junction.

Yours
hubert87