[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - drinking_water:refill_scheme

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Mon Jan 27 16:08:10 UTC 2020

On Monday, 27 January 2020, Thibault Molleman wrote:
> " A restaurant where the server fills up your bottle based on his or her
> humor should not be tagged as part of the refill scheme. "
> Maybe add a line to clarify that the sign requirement is specifically
> regarding schemes. A place doesn't need a sign just to have the
> "drinking_water:refill=yes" tag.
> (just so it's more clear on the page)

It needs a sign to indicate, so that it is verifiable. Schemes provide a sign, or a business can make its own

Its not something that can be mapped by asking. They may say yes to you but no to someone else, or a different member of staff may not be so helpful.

Phil (trigpoint)

> On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 at 16:50, European Water Project <
> europeanwaterproject at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > Thank you for your suggestion.
> >
> > I have added links in a separate section and made the criteria in the
> > proposal section stand out more clearly.
> >
> > best regards,
> >
> > Stuart
> >
> > On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 at 16:34, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> It's better because it allows mapping places offering free refills that
> >> aren't part of
> >> a scheme (as long as the place has a sign stating it offers free refills).
> >>
> >> If you're rejigging the proposal anyway, how about providing links to the
> >> schemes
> >> you mention and also criteria for mapping (the main one being that there
> >> is a sign)?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Paul

Sent from my Sailfish device