[Tagging] Disputed territory mapped as a country

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Jan 27 20:20:39 UTC 2020

27 Jan 2020, 20:07 by dieterdreist at gmail.com:

> Am Mo., 27. Jan. 2020 um 19:02 Uhr schrieb Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <> tagging at openstreetmap.org> >:
>

>> (yes, I am aware about Crimea mess -
>> we should follow on the ground
>> situation also in that case)
>>

> Mateusz, offlist deliberately. Would you be willing to write to the new board and ask them to re-evaluate? It seems they are more reasonable now, mostly. Like you I believe the exception from the on the ground rule should be reverted and the DWG decision on Crimea should be reinstated.

Also, sadly the on the ground situation
is at this moment clear and seems
stable.

Though at this moment in sphere of OSM projects that
are neither mapping not development
I am focusing on the missing attribution problem.
And in general I prefer to avoid starting new projects,
I have too many things already.
See
https://github.com/matkoniecz/illegal-use-of-OpenStreetMap
and some less visible communication
with LWG, other mappers, Mapbox
and other mentioned companies.

(Sending again (now as a public
message, with minor expansion)
 due to mailing list address lurking in cc)