[Tagging] Deprecate healthcare=pharmacy and healthcare=hospital

Lionel Giard lionel.giard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 12:50:06 UTC 2020

If i understood correctly the objective of the revamping of healthcare is
to change the old way of tagging all these "amenity" (hospital, clinic,
pharmacy, ...) and use the "healthcare" key instead. But at the moment, the
preset is using both tags at the same time. So i'm asking the following
question : "does tagging healthcare=pharmacy ALONE is enough (with any
subtag if needed like dispensing=yes) ?". Theoretically, it should be
correct if i'm understanding the healthcare scheme. Then we could propose
to change the preset in the editor to promote a change of key
(amenity=pharmacy -> health=pharmacy), instead of a simple "duplicating".

@Joseph I think that you are "Jeisenbe" on the wiki ?! :-)
I see that you changed the healthcare wiki page saying that we should use
"amenity" key instead for the 'duplicated values' (clinic, hospital, ....),
but as said above, this seems counterproductive as the idea is to slowly
deprecate the amenity tag, not to promote its usage ! :p Is there something
that i am missing here ? ^_^