[Tagging] Deprecate healthcare=pharmacy and healthcare=hospital

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 13:47:18 UTC 2020

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 at 13:34, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I looked up the history again, and it's clear that the healthcare tags
> which duplicated common amenity tags were never popular until they
> were added to the iD presets in 2017:

Like it or not, iD has more influence on tagging than this list or carto
does.  If
iD decides a certain tag should be used in preference to an alternative, or
that
dual-tagging should happen, then that's what happens.  Only in the case of
very strong objections will iD undo some change it decided to make without
consultation with anybody else.

As I said, OSM doesn't do joined-up thinking.  It would be nice if it did.

--
Paul