[Tagging] Deprecate healthcare=pharmacy and healthcare=hospital

Jarek PiĆ³rkowski jarek at piorkowski.ca
Thu Jan 30 00:16:30 UTC 2020

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 at 18:08, Joseph Eisenberg
<joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is that new users of iD do not know that they are adding
> tags like healthcare=pharmacy and dispensing=yes.
>
> I reviewed the pharmcies in the cities I have mapped, and found that I
> had added healthcare=pharmacy to 8 features unintentionally, since I
> used iD for my first year of mappping.
>
> Also they all have dispensing=yes, which is mostly true I think, but I
> do not recall checking any option to add this, which makes me question
> whether the tag has any meaning when it is automatically added by iD.

Checking now, it appears dispensing=yes is not actually automatically
added by iD when using the upgrade function on an amenity=pharmacy
that does not have that tag.

Although it _is_ added if you choose "Pharmacy Counter" as a POI
preset when explicitly creating a POI or changing its category.

--Jarek