[Tagging] Is there any case of valid numeric addr:housename - for example addr:housename?

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Wed Jul 1 08:28:06 UTC 2020

Hi *

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 03:16:38PM +0200, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> sent from a phone
> > On 30. Jun 2020, at 15:08, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
> >
> > Is there some chance that any of them is valid?
>

> IMHO not, these are likely autocompletion bloopers. Iā€™d support an
> automatic retagging effort to addr:housenumber (unless there is
> already a different housenumber)

I had a quick look as addr:housename around where i feel interested
and 99% are broken. Most of the time it belongs into name as its
the companys name, sometimes its abused as replacement for ref
of buildings. Sometimes its just a duplication of some other
tags content.

And most of the time you find that you'll find even more tag abuse
and random invented tags. In my case they were mostly 8+ years old.

Flo
        UTF-8 Test: The šŸˆ ran after a šŸ, but the šŸ ran away