[Tagging] Central European insight needed: cukrászda, cukrárna, cukiernia, ciastkarnia, cukráreň, pasticceria, konditorei, patisserie, ...

bkil bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 23:20:29 UTC 2020

Funny that you mention. I've just read the Hungarian interpretation of
a legal advisor regarding what counts as seating. They were
differentiating between the sit down amenity kind and the
takeaway-only shop kind of cukrászda from a tax perspective.

According to them, in order for a _service_ to be achieved, the
customer needs to be provided with:
* tables and seating that is being periodically cleaned and reset,
* napkins,
* cutlery,
* a waste basket,
* access to a toilet.

They explicitly state that:
* all else being equal, food court type of seating and using the mall
toilets is acceptable,
* self-service is acceptable,
* boards attached to the walls or eating at the counter are not acceptable.

Source:
https://adozona.hu/2017_es_valtozasok/Fel_van_adva_az_afalecke_adokulcs_etelre_it_WUS0R3

How we usually paraphrase this is that an amenity is a place where
people would _want_ to sit down to eat and/or wouldn't be ashamed to
invite others as well.