[Tagging] How to tag a graffiti?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 00:21:40 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 01:02, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> it’s a qualifier that is highly subjective as noted by Paul. The criterion
> is *you*. If you believe it should be mapped, then do it.
>
> Add an image= tag if you like, and if you are going to add further detail

And it's also, like many other things, blurry.  Is this graffiti, or a
mural,
or a memorial? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53247629
I'd say it's not a mural but is graffiti.  It's also a memorial.  Somebody,
not me, mapped it as a monument although I don't think monument
applies: https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/6211918213

BTW, that looks like a milk churn stand to the right of the memorial.
I should get around to asking if that needs a proposal or if there was
insufficient objection to a value already in use (one time!) that it can
just be documented without a formal vote.

And then there's this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46634242
Mural or graffiti?  Given the way it was painted, it could be classed as
graffiti.  Very notable, even though unsigned.

--
Paul