[Tagging] How to tag a graffiti?

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 12:25:21 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2 Jul 2020 at 09:55, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 2. Jul 2020, at 02:23, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Somebody,
> not me, mapped it as a monument although I don't think monument
> applies: https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/6211918213
>

> it definitely isn’t a monument in OpenStreetMap terms,

It's not a sure thing.  It depends if the wall was already there or if it
was
built specially for the paint to be applied.

> you should retag it. memorial might apply?

After doing some digging, that wall is the remains of a gabled wall of a
ruined cottage, so it wasn't constructed specifically to apply the
graffito.  Which means it's not a monument.  So I'll retag it as
a memorial.

--
Paul