[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shop=bubble_tea

德泉 談 tran0408tran0408t at yahoo.com.tw
Fri Jul 3 09:33:25 UTC 2020

I think I may redraft a feature proposal for the shop focusing providing takeout beverages or only have very limit seats and merge the bubble tea shop proposal into it. Right now we have amenity=cafe and shop=beverages for those sell drinks. Actually I'm not sure that if the feature of a amenity=cafe is providing a cozy social/rest space or not. But it seems like both of the two tags are not suitable for shops I want to map.

The proposal would introduce a new tag (maybe amenity=drinks or amenity=takeout_drinks or what). This kind of places sell beverages mostly with takeaway paper or plastic cup, people can drink in their home or office after buying.

This kind of places may focus on different drinks: coffee/iced tea/juice/bubble tea/etc... We can use the existing cuisine=* tag or a new tag for example drinks=juice to distinguish what they focus on, and drink:*=yes to show if a shop provides a kind of drink. (BTW do anyone thinks cuisine=coffee_shop or cuisine=teahouse are weird as me?)

Also, some of places may provides 3 or 4 seats. The seats is mainly for thirsty customers to take a rest and have some drinks. But they wouldn't spend more than half an hour in the shop, let alone meeting or working in the shop, which make these not a amenity=cafe. We can still use capacity=* for tagging the number of seats.

There are some photos to show the concept of this proposal, all of these shop is located in my hometown:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtsEiIBBX8C/ a shop sells coffee for the workers to drink on their office hours
https://www.instagram.com/p/CA27iqYpvwz/ they focus on selling plum green tea but also selling bubble teas
https://www.instagram.com/p/BS6DKVuF7IZ/ most of their drinks are juice, sells juice tea too.
and some shop is in the department store sorry for no pictures I found, anyone who have similar example of this kind of shop can also add the content.

I'm not sure if a juice stand may be located in a outlet or amusement park should tagged as this tag. But after this proposal we can merged the bubble tea proposal and the juice bar proposal (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Juice_bar) to clarify the tagging scheme of these shops.

-Tan