[Tagging] How to map terrace buildings with names

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 20:20:18 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 6. Jul 2020, at 20:45, Skyler Hawthorne <osm at dead10ck.com> wrote:
> Are there any alternative schemes? Is there a tag to indicate that a closed way represents a "dwelling" or "housing unit", but not a standalone building in and of itself? Or, what if I tagged the whole building with building=terrace, and then the ways inside just have address tags?

there is the key “building:part” which might eventually fit for the single units (I never mapped a terraced house and am not familiar with how they are usually mapped).

Cheers Martin 

More information about the Tagging mailing list