[Tagging] How to map terrace buildings with names

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 23:07:02 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

>> On 7. Jul 2020, at 23:45, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Building for the house, node for the workplace.  Micromappers will be upset
> unless you place the workplace node precisely, of course, but you probably
> have never been inside so don't know.  That's assuming it still is being
> used as a combined dwelling and workplace, otherwise map it as whatever
> it is now - we don't map history (except when we do).

traditionally, people worked and slept in the same space (the helpers), today these are typically shops and above dwelling/s. Are they „houses“, building=house? Shall we fix the single dwelling paragraph in building=house, or does it make sense in English?

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:building%3Dhouse

Cheers Martin