[Tagging] How to map terrace buildings with names

Skyler Hawthorne osm at dead10ck.com
Wed Jul 8 02:59:02 UTC 2020

This is a very interesting example; thanks for sharing it! It definitely
helps me see where you're coming from, and how this practice came into
common use.

Although it is a very ambiguous situation, I would still side on this being
a single building that just so happens to have grown slowly over time.
Although I would not disagree that they are separate buildings either.

However, your example seems like a case that is particularly ambiguous. I'm
not sure if it's totally comparable to the case I mentioned, which seems
more clear cut to me. It's a single building purpose built to contain 8
homes, all by the same builder, all in the same style. Additionally, these
homes are part of a homeowner's association, which means there are
restrictions even on what the owners can do to the exterior without
approval from the association, and large structural changes to the
buildings are not likely in the foreseeable future.

What I'm thinking is that it might be useful to have a concise discussion
of this ambiguity in the wiki page. Since it seems to be up to
interpretation, though, it seems providing different ways of representing
the varying levels of ambiguity in the real world would be useful.

--
Skyler

--
Skyler