[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - junction=intersection

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 16:26:56 UTC 2020

On 10/07/2020 11.24, Peter Elderson wrote:
> Well, if you do a couple of intersections it's no big deal, but if every
> intersection would need this and it breaks relations, no matter whose fault
> it is, it is a problem. Then it's not just modeling, but forced repair
> work.

Sure, but my point was that I don't think my proposal changes anything
here, since someone (myself, for example) might already split ways at
intersections for other reasons.

> May be worth it, but I would like to know that at proposal time, not
> by discovering all routes and turn restrictions are broken.

That's fair. I'm not actually sure offhand what happens when you split a
way at or near an intersection, although I would hope that editors can
update the relations correctly. This is probably more of an issue with
intersections where turn lanes are separately modeled, and I wonder how
many of those aren't already split as they would need to be.

That said, I think it makes sense to add a note asking editors to be
mindful of such things. I'll add some wordage to the proposal.

--
Matthew