[Tagging] Distinguishing closed office spaces and client service locations?

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at rushpost.com
Fri Jul 10 23:45:47 UTC 2020

On 7/10/20 09:04, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> (I would probably use access=permissive for e.g. a mall parking lot,
> where it's not strictly public, but where you wouldn't be expected to be
> visiting a particular building or organization such that it's much less
> clear whether or not you are a "customer".)

You would still most likely be expected to be a customer of some store
within the mall, whether you're just popping into the food court to get
a Big Mac from McDonald's for lunch or you're getting a new flat screen
TV from Macy's (or for that matter, just browsing in Macy's).

At least in the US, even though malls are nominally public spaces they
are still private property and many of them around here (Houston area)
specifically state certain non-shopping activities that will get you
bounced from the property (usually things like protesting or
unauthorized peddling).

http://www.rantroulette.com
http://www.skqrecordquest.com