[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Ground)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 21:08:22 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 13. Jul 2020, at 22:36, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The Atacama desert has many areas of bare sand and rock, but also some places with mixed stoney soil:

how would you map this? Are we going to map the voids? Usually in an area like this I would expect that a map, especially one that is made from the people on the ground, has the features, not the un-features.
Maybe it’s just me, but it doesn’t sound terribly exciting to map huge areas of un-landcover, to then cut everything out that is something, when you could just map the something and be done.

Cheers Martin