[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Ground)

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 21:47:42 UTC 2020

Many desert climates can be mapped as natural=sand (for dunes and other
areas of sand), natural=bare_rock (for bedrock and large stones),
natural=scree, natural=shingle, or natural=heath (for areas of dwarf
shrubs), but we still need a tag for unvegetated areas which are not sand,
rock, stones or vegetation. While these areas are rare in many climates,
they can cover fairly large spots in some very dry areas, and we should
provide more precise tagging since "natural=desert" could be any of these
things (or even natural=scrub)

– Joseph