[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Ground)
michael.montani at un.org
Tue Jul 14 14:08:28 UTC 2020
This proposal is interesting. Giving a rapid look on the CORINE classes, it seems bare soil is included in all other classes but it hasn't a class per se.
* CORINE library<https://land.copernicus.eu/user-corner/technical-library/corine-land-cover-nomenclature-guidelines/html/index.html>
* 333 Sparsely vegetated areas<https://land.copernicus.eu/user-corner/technical-library/corine-land-cover-nomenclature-guidelines/html/index-clc-333.html>
* 332 Bare rock<https://land.copernicus.eu/user-corner/technical-library/corine-land-cover-nomenclature-guidelines/html/index-clc-332.html>
* 331 Beaches, sand and dunes<https://land.copernicus.eu/user-corner/technical-library/corine-land-cover-nomenclature-guidelines/html/index-clc-331.html> the most near imo.
* Many others, searching for "ground" and "soil" into the manual<https://land.copernicus.eu/user-corner/technical-library/corine-land-cover-nomenclature-guidelines/docs/pdf/CLC2018_Nomenclature_illustrated_guide_20190510.pdf>
It seems to me anyway those classes are looser than OSM's 😄
GIS Consultant, Client Solutions Delivery Section
Service for Geospatial Information and Telecommunications Technologies
United Nations Global Service Centre
United Nations Department of Operational Support
Brindisi | Phone: +39 0831 056985 | Mobile: +39 3297193455 | Intermission: 158 6985
E-mail: michael.montani at un.org<mailto:mail at un.org> | www.ungsc.org<http://www.ungsc.org>
Da: Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org>
Inviato: martedì 14 luglio 2020 15:29
A: Tag discussion, strategy and related tools <tagging at openstreetmap.org>
Cc: Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com>; Tag discussion, strategy and related tools <tagging at openstreetmap.org>
Oggetto: Re: [Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Ground)
Maybe. I would be interested in specific
14 Jul 2020, 14:24 by voschix at gmail.com:
I am not a land cover expert, but have come across a great number of obviously wrong land cover tagging in OSM.
Said this, why not try to use CORINE  definitions?
On Tue, 14 Jul 2020, 11:52 Christoph Hormann, <osm at imagico.de<mailto:osm at imagico.de>> wrote:
> Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com<mailto:joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>> hat am 13. Juli 2020 um 22:34 geschrieben:
I think this is a great example why more specific tags are advisable to use in OSM than a generic bare ground tag.
What this picture shows is commonly known as desert pavement:
Apart from varying in size distribution and density as well as material of the stones these form a fairly characteristic surface that can and should be mapped distinctly. As size of the larger stones strongly affects navigability, specifying that would be a valuable supplemental tag.
Tagging mailing list
Tagging at openstreetmap.org<mailto:Tagging at openstreetmap.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tagging