[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Ground)

Michael Montani michael.montani at un.org
Tue Jul 14 14:08:28 UTC 2020

This proposal is interesting. Giving a rapid look on the CORINE classes, it seems bare soil is included in all other classes but it hasn't a class per se.

  *   CORINE library<https://land.copernicus.eu/user-corner/technical-library/corine-land-cover-nomenclature-guidelines/html/index.html>
  *   333 Sparsely vegetated areas<https://land.copernicus.eu/user-corner/technical-library/corine-land-cover-nomenclature-guidelines/html/index-clc-333.html>
  *   332 Bare rock<https://land.copernicus.eu/user-corner/technical-library/corine-land-cover-nomenclature-guidelines/html/index-clc-332.html>
  *   331 Beaches, sand and dunes<https://land.copernicus.eu/user-corner/technical-library/corine-land-cover-nomenclature-guidelines/html/index-clc-331.html> the most near imo.
  *   Many others, searching for "ground" and "soil" into the manual<https://land.copernicus.eu/user-corner/technical-library/corine-land-cover-nomenclature-guidelines/docs/pdf/CLC2018_Nomenclature_illustrated_guide_20190510.pdf>

It seems to me anyway those classes are looser than OSM's 😄

Thanks,

--
Michael Montani
GIS Consultant, Client Solutions Delivery Section

Brindisi | Phone: +39 0831 056985 | Mobile: +39 3297193455 | Intermission: 158 6985