[Tagging] site relations for city walls?

Lionel Giard lionel.giard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 08:01:17 UTC 2020

In the parking example that i talk about, the multipolygon is not usable if
i want to indicate the specificity of each part of the parking lot like
capacity or capacity:disabled (as the tagging is global for every outer
part). I like the site relation as it allows to also group the vending
machine or the amenity=parking_entrance for underground parking (as a car
park may have both underground + overground parkings). I find a site
relation more practical in such cases and I never used it technically for
malls with only overground parkings (but that was in the original proposal
example i think ^^).

My use case was more about the underground parking where I grouped all the
parking_entrance (both pedestrian and for vehicle) with a "site=parking"
relation. One example is this one :
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/8425228#map=18/50.66911/4.61226
(there are one vehicle entrance, one vehicle exit, multiple pedestrian
entrance/exit and few vending machines for it). *Do you have a better way
of tagging this ? ^^*
I just used what i found on the wiki at the time, and it was clean in my
opinion. :-p