[Tagging] Intermittent highways?

Jez Nicholson jez.nicholson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 08:25:04 UTC 2020

I believe there was a recent discussion on showgrounds and temporal events.
"temporal" as opposed to "temporary" as in "happens regularly every
week/month/year for a set period of time at the same location". Up until
recently, OSM has been strongly against temporal objects, but German
Christmas markets have slipped through and the world has not ended.
Personally, I would be interested in having temporal features such as
Glastonbury Festival as it would make the map more usable for the general
public and be a differentiator against other maps. However, I hope that
people are careful because this opens the floodgates for weekly food
markets, pop-up food vans, etc.