[Tagging] Finger- or guide-post text

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 18:37:53 UTC 2020

On Thu, 16 Jul 2020 at 19:26, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk>
wrote:

 I propose something like:

>    destination:NNW=foo
>
> or, using degrees:
>
>    destination:337.5:=foo
>
> If this would cloud the use of "destination", we could use, say:
>
>    inscription:337.5:=foo
>
> What do folk think?

We need something along those lines.  Knowing a fingerpost is there is
good, but knowing what it says on each arm and where the arm is pointing
is better.

For lack of a specific tag I've put stuff like that in the description.
Better
than nothing and fairly easy to figure out what to put if better tagging
comes along.

While you/re there...  Some fingerposts point to public footpaths or
bridleways.  They might have words, or a symbol, or both.  It would
be useful to have a way of tagging those, especially the ones that
only have a symbol.

--
Paul