[Tagging] Waterway equivalent of noexit=yes?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 17:24:44 UTC 2020

Am Mi., 22. Juli 2020 um 17:27 Uhr schrieb Tod Fitch <tod at fitchfamily.org>:

> It certainly would not be my pick of terms, but it seems manhole=drain has
> an appropriate definition in the wiki [1] and considerable use [2] for a
> place that water disappears into a man made structure. Most of them around
> here are not circular and many appear to be too small for a person to get
> into when the grate is removed. But OSM has odd tagging for other things so
> why not this too?

I would rather try to limit the "odd cases", and maybe even get rid of them
in the long term. There is no benefit from using inappropriate terms. If
manhole=* is generally considered to be about manholes, why would we want
to encourage more usage for non-manhole objects?

IMHO we should fix the definition in the wiki by making it more precise, as
there aren't so many yet.

Cheers
Martin