[Tagging] Hiking "guideposts" painted on rocks, trees etc.

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 18:19:16 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 22. Jul 2020, at 17:10, pangoSE <pangose at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> I suggest you add the guidepost to a node on the path instead.

I am mapping guideposts rather rarely, when I do it, I place them on their actual position, sometimes on building outlines, or on retaining walls, or just flying in space. I would not want them on the highway. Sometimes at near-crossroads there is a single post for 4 ways, but in the details it is 2 T-crossings a few meters apart. With your proposal you would have to use 2 OpenStreetMap guideposts where there is only one in reality.

Cheers Martin