[Tagging] Is there a good way to indicate "pushing bicycle not allowed here"?

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 16:24:27 UTC 2020

On 23/07/2020 12.09, bkil wrote:
> Alright, I didn't know you were only asking for the entertainment
> value, but then I accept your challenge.

I wasn't asking for entertainment. I was asking because, while
*logically* it seems like such a combination doesn't make sense, the
refrain around here seems to be "don't assume".

> Actually I could indeed think of a place where you are only allowed to
> be present in case you are pushing a bicycle. Imagine a bicycle
> adventure park that only contains bicycle roads. Let's say that the
> terms of service declares that visitors must not leave their bikes
> unattended (i.e., no parking).
>
> Now let's pretend that there's a small bridge in the middle of the
> park that includes a small stretch of stairs that has bicycle pushing
> rails (or substitute with just a single wooden bridge in a bad shape
> that has a bunch of long cracks that could easily lock your wheels if
> you ride over it - true story, we had a bridge just like that). A sign
> would be posted here that disallows bicycle riders from accessing it,
> but pushing through would be possible.
>
> How could you be walking on to this bridge if you were not in
> possession of a bicycle in the first place?

Interesting. I suppose the question becomes, if there were such a way,
would you tag it foot=no + bicycle=dismount?

--
Matthew