[Tagging] Tagging motorcycle parking

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 19:29:48 UTC 2020

On 22/07/2020 20.49, Warin wrote:
> You asked for 'better' without defining what better means to you.
> To me it is 'better' to know where these things are (requires more work
> by the mapper) rather than that they are somewhere inside some area
> (requires less work by the mapper).
>
> Disabled parking to me is 'better' mapped as a separate thing, as is
> truck parking etc.
>
> While a motorcycle may legal park where a car parking space is the same
> cannot be said of a motorcycle parking space givenĀ  the usual sized of
> the things.
>
> Tags may be available for those who cannot be bothered with the detail,
> similar observations may be made for surface=paved vs surface=concrete etc.

...and what if we're mapping spaces? I'm not sure I'm on board with
dividing things which are logically "one parking lot" into multiple
areas for... questionable benefit at that point. (If the spaces are also
mapped, the "where is the parking for X?" doesn't hold.)

I think I want parking:capacity:motorcycle, and, while we're on the
subject, parking:capacity:carry_out :-).

(And also parking_space=motorcycle and parking_space=carry_out, naturally.)

--
Matthew