[Tagging] Is there a good way to indicate "pushing bicycle not allowed here"?

bkil bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 00:31:30 UTC 2020

/OFF-topic

>  I wouldn't presume I could push my car along a motor_vehicle=no way, or dismount my horse and lead it along a horse=no way.

I think the last few messages are pointing us in the right direction,
but let me share some entertaining insights to answer your question.

Under our jurisdiction, a person pushing a bicycle or a moped (mofa)
are specifically mentioned at various key points in the law.
https://net.jogtar.hu/jogszabaly?docid=97500001.KPM

The law legally regards you as a pedestrian when you (Appendix 1, II/a):
* push a bicycle,
* push a moped,
* ride a (slow enough) wheelchair,
* push a wheelbarrow,
* push a stroller.

The following road users are regarded as drivers (Appendix 1, III/a):
* person driving a vehicle (except person pushing bicycle or moped),
* person riding/driving/leading an animal.

Pushing a cart seems to be a mixed bag:
* you don't need to hold a driver's license,
* you are not considered a pedestrian, hence can not use the sidewalk
and must abstain from alcohol consumption.

Pushing any other vehicle (e.g., motorcycle, automobile) is considered
dangerous and not recommended, except for moving them to safety until
it can be towed. The pusher in this case is legally considered a
driver, the act itself is legally considered driving the given vehicle
and hence must hold a valid license and must also abstain from
alcohol.

So to sum it up, when you are pushing your car, the same OSM car
access restrictions apply to you as if you were sitting inside and
using the engine. When you are leading your horse, the same horse
restrictions apply to you as if you were riding it (i.e., you should
not lead a horse on public roads when you are drunk because you may
not be cautious enough to protect the animal from causing an
accident).