[Tagging] Two side-of-road parking questions

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri Jul 24 08:22:37 UTC 2020

Jul 23, 2020, 23:26 by pla16021 at gmail.com:

> On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 at 21:00, Matthew Woehlke <> mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com> > wrote:
>

>> Interesting. By that criteria, I would think that
>>  >> https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/826561593>>  has on-street parking,
>>

> Tough call.  In isolation it looks like a parking lane, but it has markings
> for car parking.  On-street parking (at least where I am) doesn't usually
> have that.

Note that locally it may be useful, but in Poland many roadside parkings
are signed with "parking" traffic signs.

> From the fact that parking spaces are marked, it's not a parking
> lane, in my opinion.

Maybe it is a good hint in this specific case but I would not generalize
it too much.

> That's a parking lot rather than on-street parking.  At least, that's how
> I'd map it.

What about roadside parking that is marked on sidewalk and/or
interrupted by trees/other obstacles?

It is completely unusable for driving, even if empty, but
it seems clearly roadside parking