[Tagging] TRAVEL_DIR (and other fields) in shapefile?

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri Jul 24 19:01:03 UTC 2020

According to the metadata, Travel direction is a representation where
addresses increase. For intertate travel direction is a representation
where mile post markers increase.

https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/6339aa3ce01e4d249bd611917f86c0e7/info/metadata/metadata.xml?format=default&output=html

Best,
Clifford

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 11:21 AM Matthew Woehlke <mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com>
wrote:

> This might be somewhat OT, but it's OSM-related, so...
>
> I have a shapefile I obtained from a county's GIS¹. In addition to road
> names (sometimes) and speed limits (yay!), there is an attribute
> TRAVEL_DIR, which seems to have the possible values (at least) 1, 2 and
> 3. Does anyone know what this field means? (I was hoping there might be
> some indication what roads are one-way, but I have not been able to
> determine a definite relation.)
>
> For that matter, is there other useful information I might be able to
> extract? (For example, I wonder what TYPE_CODE means...)
>
> I'm sort-of hoping these might be using some US standard system and not
> something the county made up. There seem to be some indications of that
> from trying to search the internet for information, but I was unable to
> find any sort of legend.
>
>https://gisdata-pwcgov.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/roads)
>
> --
> Matthew