[Tagging] Map maintenance with StreetComplete - Preferred tagging

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 21:59:15 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 24. Jul 2020, at 22:53, Tobias Knerr <osm at tobias-knerr.de> wrote:
>
> The date when you last checked a shop's opening hours it is a fact. But
> opinions on how often one should revisit a shop to check the opening
> hours again may vary a lot between mappers.

on the other hand the check date is already implicit (more or less) in the changeset timestamp. you probably wouldn’t add this kind of information months after the survey...

adding check timestamps as string tags for every single tag seems a lot of bloat. One tag per object for me would be acceptable because it is indeed a valuable information when something was last verified and no changes were necessary.
It could still lead to history bloat, imagine people verifying their housenumber every day. Technically it would be better to keep it separate (e.g. an additional table in the db without versions).
I can’t see an issue with splits, as the newly created objects would have a more current date anyway.

Cheers Martin