[Tagging] Map maintenance with StreetComplete - Preferred tagging

MARLIN LUKE luke.marlin at viacesi.fr
Wed Jul 29 10:34:51 UTC 2020

Due to some concerns expressed in here (bloatness, discrepancies), I've been wondering...
Wouldn't it be enough to ask randomly about some properties to be checked?

For example, let's say I'm using SC to do some mapping, and from a 100 quests, I get whatever proportions of maintenance quests selected randomly.
While this wouldn't provide information that I did check to OSM database (if data is accurate), it still ensures that the DB is correct.

As someone stated, with a proper number of users, the concepts of having a last date of check might be obsolete, so having people do random checks (could still be prioritized based on actual element) on top of filling new stuff might be enough in the long run.