[Tagging] Overlapping naturals

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 17:27:56 UTC 2020

What sort of vegetation is found in the temporary wetland area?

If it's bushes and shrubs which are identical to the surrounding area, then
it's ok to map the whole area as natural=scrub, and then map the smaller
natural=wetland area inside, with the addition of intermittent=yes or
seasonal=yes to describe that the wetland area is only part of the year.

However, if the wetland has different vegetation, it might be a bog, fen,
marsh etc, then you should use wetland=bog/fen/marsh as appropriate, and
exclude the wetland area from the natural=scrub area.

– Joseph Eisenberg