[Tagging] Adding man_made=spoil_heap to the Map Features page?

Vojtech Filipec vojtech.filipec at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 07:27:52 UTC 2020

It seems to me the discussion is now about three points:

1. landfill vs. spoil_heap: In Czechia these two are considered two
distinct landscape elements. The heaps climb above the horizon and due to
(typically) sharp slopes and plateau on top, they are easy to distinguish
from a natural hill so I consider them a good orientation feature worth
mapping. Landfills can take a form of a hill too, but IMHO the more recent
approach is to dig them under the line of horizon.

2. whether to extend the Map Features page: I share Graeme's opinion which
I distill into: "The Map Features page takes long to load yet it is a good
starting point for novices". Thinking about myself, I remember the page was
a great intro and - despite its length - I actually like the idea we're
having a comprehensive documentation of the features. I do not think we
shall limit our effort to document things due to technical constraints.

3. how to "tame" the Map Features page size: Splitting it into "most used
features" and "extended tags" might work; or having a navigation page with
categories linked to separate pages might too; I have no opinion on this.
Cheers
Vojtech

From: Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com>