Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 01:46:44 UTC 2020

On 7/6/20 1:31 am, Jarek Piórkowski wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Jun 2020 at 11:23, Andy Townsend <ajt1047 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 06/06/2020 16:18, Phake Nick wrote:
>> 在 2020年6月6日週六 11:03,Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> 寫道:
>>> OSM is not *only* for general tourist.
>> I bet even a general tourist would be interested if they could be assured that a route was flat :)
> And didn't have buildings or factories built on it ;)

Home owners would not be happy with tourists walking through lunch because OSM has a tourist/railline line through their house.

Factory OH&S people would be very upset with tourists walking through the factory because OSM has a tourist/railline line through the factory.
The tourists would not be impressed with the 'railway' either if there was nothing 'railway' to see, even if the route is flat.

A general tourist walking along a road that has no sign of a railway would not be impressed if it were shown as a railway on OSM.
Other road users would be perplexed if the road were shown as a railway...

> If it's a recognized route that's signposted as something like
> "Historical Railway Trail" then it can be a relation.

As a walking route, yes. It is no longer a railway, that is in the past.

>   If it's not
> signposted and there's no trace of it left on the ground, what exactly
> is being mapped?

History?