[Tagging] Adding mapillary tags to every building

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Jun 8 11:28:31 UTC 2020

Jun 8, 2020, 13:14 by janjko at gmail.com:

> On Fri, Jun 5, 2020, 14:27 Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <> tagging at openstreetmap.org> > wrote:
>
>> Wikimedia Commons has no notability requirements, see
>> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Project_scope
>>
>> It is perfectly fine to upload things like that there.
>>

> Ok, you convinced me. Photos of buildings are even more notable then photos of bicycle parking, so I'll try and take photos of a few buildings and see how that goes.
>
> I probably won't be creating a category for each building, so then I will be linking to those pictures with the image=* tag, right?

or/and with https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:wikimedia_commons

I am doing it sometimes for especially interesting or especially complex objects (in addition or
instead explanation in note tag).

In case where object has a Wikipedia or OSM Wiki article
( https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Category:Feature_pages_with_missing_images )
adding image there may be helpful! (if you want to do this but have trouble with technical part of
doing this - ask on a mailing list, OSM Telegram or in other such channel for help)