Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Jun 8 13:45:06 UTC 2020

Jun 8, 2020, 15:02 by pla16021 at gmail.com:

> On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 at 13:45, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <> tagging at openstreetmap.org> > wrote:
>

>> Jun 8, 2020, 14:28 by >> pla16021 at gmail.com>> :
>>
>>> On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 at 12:41, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <>>> tagging at openstreetmap.org>>> > wrote:
>>>

>> For example >> http://blog.imagico.de/verifiability-and-the-wikipediarization-of-openstreetmap/
>> promotes much stricter verification requirements.
>>
>> I am not sure whatever I would want go so far, but mapping something
>> appearing in a single aerial imagery seem not ideal.
>>

> So in parts of the world where only one source of aerial imagery is available,
> we can't map from it?  That doesn't seem right.

I have slight trouble with things appearing in a single aerial imagery or single official dataset
and completely and utterly unverifiable otherwise.

I have no trouble at all with mapping for example river in region where only one
source of aerial imagery is available, as river remain verifiable by a ground survey.