[Tagging] Help explain the difference between path and track

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 14:42:02 UTC 2020

If the way is used by "law enforcement, emergency, and maintenance staff"
motor vehicles then I'd tag it highway=track and if it's designated for
walking then foot=designated + motor_vehicle=private, since it's wide
enough and occasionally used by vehicles, even for a path that is mostly
used for walking. If you tag it as highway=path then you'd need to still
indicate it's usable by motor vehicle with motor_vehicles=private (though
that's only the legal use, not sure how you'd then tag the physical ability
for it to accommodate motor vehicles).