[Tagging] Help explain the difference between path and track

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 17:52:39 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 8:43 AM Andrew Harvey <andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If the way is used by "law enforcement, emergency, and maintenance staff"
motor vehicles then I'd tag it highway=track and if it's designated for
walking then foot=designated + motor_vehicle=private, since it's wide
enough and occasionally used by vehicles, even for a path that is mostly
used for walking.
This is just the opposite advice I got on this list about a similar
situation a couple of weeks ago. As a community we need to have some
consistency.  There is another user (other than I or cosmocatalano) who is
going around making the exact opposite changes as cosmocatalano.  If the
community agrees with you and cosmocatalano, I will map accordingly and
make changes in my local area along those lines, but I don't want to have
the same conversation here two weeks from now.

> you'd need to still indicate it's usable by motor vehicle
width=<some value greater than ~1 meter> +
smoothness=very_bad/bad/intermediate/good/excellent